Bottom Line: 👍 Lots of fun, good performance.
- Big bright muzzle flash and boom. Lots of fun at the range. Probably the biggest flash you can get in common automatic pistol calibers.
- Easy to get good performance with this powder.
- Meters well
- Decent amount of load data, but mostly for jacketed bullets.
- Big bright muzzle flash and boom. Not as bad as H110, but definitely to levels where it can be distracting to new shooters, and compromise night vision.
- Largest size it’s sold in is 4 pounds.
Density (per Lee dipper chart) 11.2 grains/cc
Redding 3BR Pistol Insert
Pistol # ≈ 7.5 × grains – 4.5
Grains Thrown ≈ 0.133 × pistol_insert_number + 0.6
|Pistol Insert #||Grains Thrown||10x Throws (Grains)|
Redding 3BR Rifle Insert
Grains Thrown ≈ 0.82 × rifle_insert_number + 2.6
|Rifle Insert #||Grains Thrown||10x Throws (Grains)|